Thursday, April 17, 2014

Downtown Asheville

   Yesterday I visited Asheville, and it allowed me an opportunity to photograph downtown, something I haven't been able to do in any city yet. It's a different atmosphere in comparison to shooting say, night shots, or portraits, but I enjoyed being able to get out and try some new things...needless to say, I'm learning I need more lenses.

For some reason I've always loved old buildings like this...especially where they've been knocked down


Sign of the past.


Sign of the present


This was just me playing around with some settings. I thought it looked neat.


To me, this alley would make sense in Europe. (Note the pigeon, these guys were EVERYWHERE, and tame)

This was outside of a little Mexican bistro.

Been trying to play around with focal lengths to get that quick drop off.

Odd yet neat statues downtown.

Another sign hearkening to the past, but with a modern film.

This was a wall of photos that I came across. Credit to: www.meyouanddoom.com for the wonderful pictures on the wall


This was a coffee shop built into an old double decker bus. Note the driver who has been there much too long.

Other side

I loved this personally.

1 comment:

  1. I love Downtown Asheville, beautiful place! Your pictures somehow make it look even better. I had fun with yall yesterday!

    ReplyDelete